Spread The Word About The Importance of Sexual Freedom and Possibly Win a Scholarship So YOU Can Make The World a More Sex-Positive Place!
I’m Running a Scholarship Contest To Help You AND To Help Woodhull!
Video or Article Submission Deadline 11:59pm, May 22nd, 2017!
Ever heard of Victoria Claflin Woodhull, the American suffragist born on September 23, 1838?
There’s a Sex Geek conference named after her, fyi.
The Woodhull Sexual Freedom Conference is one of my favorite sex geeky conferences… It’s fantastic!
Why is it so GREAT? The attendees rock, the presentations are profound and thought provoking, and the after hours events are all kinds of fun. I try to go every year, and I’ll be there THIS year giving a talk with Cathy Vartuli on “The Revolution Will Be Drawn At Random: Leveraging Contests and Social Media To Raise Awareness”
***Watch 2015’s Contest Video for some useful Contest Tips***
(Please Be Sure to Update the Contest Dates for THIS Year’s Contest!)
I love, love, love Woodhull so much, in fact, that I’m running a contest to help promote Woodhull and give sex educators and advocates better tools to carry on Victoria Woodhull’s mission! I’ll be awarding two scholarships: one to this year’s Woodhull Sexual Freedom Conference AND the other to my Sex Geek Summer Camp in exchange for you helping me promote Victoria Woodhull’s commitment to making sexual freedom available to all people! If you’d like to be considered for one of the two scholarships, here’s what I need from you in 5 Easy Steps:
- Please use this link HERE to learn more about (and register, if you’re so called) for Woodhull’s amazing conference weekend of awesomeness!
- Record a Short Video (no more than 5 minutes long) or Article (400-600 words) telling the world (and me) why you think Sexual Freedom is so important. Share what Sexual Freedom means in your life, why YOU value it, and why organizations like Woodhull Sexual Freedom Alliance are important.
- Post Your Video or Article on Facebook or Youtube or another social media platform, and Email Me The Link (email to Support@ReidAboutSex.com), make sure the email subject line is Why Sexual Freedom Is Important – Woodhull Sexual Freedom Conference, so I don’t miss it! And include in the email if you’d like to be entered into the running for either the Woodhull Scholarship, the Sex Geek Summer Camp Scholarship, or you’d like to be in the running for both scholarships. If you win, you’ll only win one of them, but it’ll help me know which event and which dates work best for you. (And if you just want to shoot a video or write an article and not be in the contest, by all means go ahead and email me so I can applaud your support for sexual freedom for all people!)
- Submit your video or article BEFORE 11:59pm, May 22nd, 2017 so I have time to review the submissions. I’ll announce the winner on May 29th, 2017 (so you have plenty of time to arrange travel and such if you win)!
- I’ll be choosing the winner based on passion, insight, and vulnerability (how much of you do you share in the video?).
Please be at least 18 years of age by July 29th, 2017 to qualify to win a scholarship to attend Woodhull. Should you win a scholarship to attend Sex Geek Summer Camp, you’ll be required to show proof that you will be 21 or over by July 29th, 2017. Each scholarship covers registration for one person. Winner will be responsible for travel, hotel, food and incidentals.
Why a Contest Like This? I love being meta and stacking functions… Sex Geek Summer Camp (my business retreat for sex educators to learn the business of sex education) is happening the week before Woodhull Sexual Freedom Conference, and camp is happening just 2.5 hours away from where Woodhull’s conference will be.
Since Sex Geek Summer Camp is designed to teach you how to effectively reach more people with your message and make a better living as a sex educator… And because I want to help Woodhull get their message out to the world… I’ve designed a contest that, by your participation, illustrates a snippet of how YOU can be more visible and inspirational as a sex educator to your followers and the world at large while helping Woodhull!
How Does It Help Woodhull? YOU sharing about sexual freedom in a video you upload on Social Media like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc., and invite your friends and followers to Like, Share, post… That spreads the Woodhull message, which may get more people to attend Woodhull’s Sexual Freedom Conference. It also gives your followers an opportunity to see and hear you speak passionately about something that has nothing to do with them buying or you selling them anything.
You giving people an opportunity to see you speak vulnerably and passionately about what’s important to you helps them get to know you and what you’re values are, which helps build trust and rapport. We rarely buy things as important as sex and relationship coaching from strangers or people we don’t trust. Videos that showcase you sharing and educating people on what you’re passionate about can inspire people to become the change they want to see in their bedrooms, in their lives.
Videos and articles are just two of the important and powerful tools you should be leveraging today to expand your reach and success as a sex educator.
I’ll be teaching tips and strategies like this and much, much more at Sex Geek Summer Camp in August before I head off to Woodhull. Perhaps you’ll join me for both!!! And whether you can come to Woodhull or Camp, consider shooting a video for Woodhull anyway. It’s just good for your career!
Remember, even if you’ve already registered for Woodhull, you can still win! And if you haven’t checked out Sex Geek Summer Camp, go here: SexGeekSummerCamp.com
Tell us why Sexual Freedom is important to you, make a difference in people’s lives, AND possibly win a scholarship to Woodhull Sexual Freedom Conference or Sex Geek Summer Camp! I’ll even deliver a SexGeek T-shirt in your choice of size, personally, at whichever event I see the winners at! Questions? Email Reid at Reid@ReidAboutSex.com
To Creating More Sexual Freedom For Us All!
Ps. Please be at least 18 years of age by July 29th, 2017 to qualify to win a scholarship to attend Woodhull. Should you win a scholarship to attend Sex Geek Summer Camp, you’ll be required to show proof that you will be 21 or over by July 29, 2017. Each scholarship covers registration for one person. Winner will be responsible for travel, hotel, food and incidentals.