SPREAD THE WORD! It’s Bawdy’s very first Seattle show, and the prolific Dan Savage is gonna tell it like it is, too!
Bawdy Storytelling – the Original Sex + Storytelling series – features Real People & Rockstars sharing their Bona Fide Sexual Exploits Live Onstage; think of us as a One Night Stand with the Moth & Savage Love. Storytellers are an eclectic mix of Authors, Porn Stars, Sex Educators, Comics & More, along with Regular Joes just like you who submitted their stories online and were chosen for their panache and sense of (Mis)Adventure.
- Savage Love /It Gets Better’s Dan Savage
- International Artist & Sexuality Educator Midori
- The Wet Spots musician John Woods
- ‘The Golden Retriever on Espresso of Sex Ed’ ReidAboutSex
- The Center for Sex Positive Culture’s Allena Gabosch
- ‘Shameless’ author Pamela Madsen
- Music by Rachel Lark
- More storytellers to come
- Sexy cocktails (Schlong Island Iced Tea, anyone?)
- & Bang-O, Bawdy’s uniquely pervy audience participation game. Connect!
Bawdy Storytelling features tales of Carnal Wins & Epic Fails with No Scripts, No Nets, and No Holds Barred. These folks aren’t reading from cue cards: this is honest-to-badness story time with true sexcapades and poignant, transformational tales at each and every show. Join Sexual Folklorist Dixie De La Tour, Sexuality Rockstars like Dan Savage, Midori & many more as they share their own stories of Love, Lust, and making you feel funny in your bathing suit area. Hey, you may even go home with a few new tricks for your boudoir arsenal!
– – Sex and relationship expert Reid Mihalko teaches adults how to create more self-esteem, self-confidence and greater health and satisfaction in and out of the bedroom. Reid is a sought after speaker who lectures at colleges across the country and has presented and keynoted at dozens of conferences on relationships and sexuality. The workshops he’s designed continue to be taught all over the world and have been attended by over 40,000 people. Reid has appeared on CBS’ The Doctors, Oprah’s Our America with Lisa Ling on OWN, Bravo’s Miss Advised, the Emmy award-winning talk show Montel, Fox News, VH1, Showtime’s Penn & Teller’s Bulls**t!, on NPR, Sirius’ Maxim Radio and Cosmo Radio, and in Marie Claire, GQ, Details, Seventeen, People, Newsweek, The Washington Post and The National Enquirer, as well as media across the globe in twenty-seven countries and at least fourteen languages. His website is reidaboutsex.com, and you can follow Reid on Twitter at @ReidAboutSex or stalk him on Facebook at facebook.com/ReidAboutSex
– Allena Gabosch, Executive Director of the Center For Sex Positive Culture (thecspc.org) and the Foundation for Sex Positive Culture (thefspc.org) has been active in the sex positive movement practically from its beginning; producing educational and social events for the sex-positive community since 1990. She speaks on many sex-positive subjects at colleges and conferences, with an emphasis on BDSM and Polyamory. She is the Producer of the Seattle Erotic Art Festival (seattleerotic.org) In her less than mundane non-kinky life she loves good food(especially bacon), politics , Seattle and is a former commissioner with the Seattle LGBT Commission. She is a kinky bisexual, polyamorous switch and considers herself extremely blessed with many amazing and loving people in her “polycule”
– If you ever dreamed of becoming a real life sex goddess, Pamela Madsen will show you the way. She is the living, breathing embodiment of the power of pleasure to transform one’s life. Author of “Shameless: How I Ditched The Diet, Got Naked, Found True Pleasure And Somehow Got Home in Time to Cook Dinner” (Rodale 2011), Pamela has emerged as a leading sexuality coach and Co-Founder of “Back to the Body: Sensuous Retreats For Women”. Pamela speaks directly to women whether it’s on her blog “Shameless Women” on Psychology Today with close to two million readers, or through media appearances on outlets such as The Today Show, Oprah, and 60 Minutes. Pamela may speak directly to women, her message is for all. And that message is about the necessity of accepting sexuality and desire—regardless of their expression—as fundamental to our well-being. She is introducing the unheard of possibility of working with Sexological Bodyworkers, Sacred Intimates as a path to healing the psychological and emotional damage most women sustain around body image, suppressed libido and unfulfilled marriages. Pamela is the founding Executive Director of The American Fertility Association. She has been one of the leading voices in the fight to secure full reproductive rights for everyone, regardless of marital status or sexual preference. You can find Pamela on her websites: PamelaMadsen.org , backtothebody.org @PamelaMadsen and facebook.com/pamelalmadsen
– Dan Savage